We are ALL the South of Market Community.
Community and Neighborhood Building must always be of equal or greater importance than office buildings.
We are drafting this TODCO Group Central SOMA Community Plan as an Alternative to the City’s Central SoMa Project. It is based on our decades of Community Building experience in SOMA, and the many community voices of SOMA. Posted here now is the “EIR Draft” of that Plan, covering all the major topics that must be addressed by the City’s Environmental Impact Report for the Central SoMa Project in order to be considered for approval by the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors in 2014. We will continue to add new sections to our Plan throughout 2013-2014 that address non-EIR topics as well.
News and Updates:
- 4/7/2015 - UPDATE to our Central SOMA Community Plan Key Topic: A Real Community Building Eco District
- 3/25/2015 - The Planning Department is refining many aspects of their Plan. See their updated Draft Policy Papers, and give them feedback as they continue to refine the Plan.
- 1/28/2015 - DRAFT Annie Alley Block Plan and UPDATED Alley Tool Kit
- 1/22/2015 - See our SPUR Forum Presentation on the TODCO Central SOMA Community Plan
- 1/8/2015 - Join our own John Elberling and Alice Light for a lunchtime talk at SPUR on January 20th
- 9/29/2014 - See our Draft for SOMA PDR Controls
- 7/25/2014 - See our NEW Central SOMA Community Plan Key Topic Paper "303 Second Street: A Partly Successful Privately-Owned Public Open Space (POPOS) In SOMA"
- 4/8/2014 - See our NEW UPDATE "Community Commercial": How to Keep Small-Scale Enterprise Working in Central SOMA.
- 3/25/2014 - See our UPDATE "Community Commercial": How to Keep Small-Scale Enterprise Working in Central SOMA . This version includes an expanded section on PDR.
- 12/5/2013 - See our new Central SOMA Community Plan Key Topic Paper: Population, Diversity, Gentrification, And Affordable Housing (PDF)
- 12/5/2013 - See our new Central SOMA Community Plan Key Topic Paper: "Community Commercial": How to Keep Small-Scale Enterprise Working in Central SOMA (PDF)
- 9/12/2013 - See our new map of Office and Hotel Development in Central SOMA (PDF)
- 9/12/2013 - See our new Central SOMA Community Plan Key Topic Paper: Central SOMA Development Projects (PDF)
- 8/30/2013 - Update to Central SOMA Community Plan Key Topic Paper: Integrating Community Building Public Open Spaces And Private Green Spaces In New SOMA Office Development (PDF)
- 8/27/2013 - Update to Central SOMA Community Plan Key Topic Paper: A Real Community Building Eco-District (PDF)
- 8/21/2013 - The Central SOMA "Neighborhood Earthview" -- an inventory of existing neighborhood rooftop and street-level uses -- is available for download here (PDF). An interactive version is also available for download (Excel).
- 5/20/2013 - See our additional CENTRAL CORRIDOR (SOMA) EIR SCOPING COMMENTS
- 5/20/2013 - The COMPLETE TODCO Central SOMA Community Plan is now available to download here
- 5/16/2013 - See our CENTRAL CORRIDOR (SOMA) EIR SCOPING COMMENTS